Creating a compelling online presence for your restaurant is more important than ever. Consumers often search online for dining options, and a dedicated website that offers services such as online reservations and ordering can significantly boost business.
Luckily, website creation has become simple with website builders. You can easily design a restaurant website without any special technical skills or coding expertise.
This guide will review the 10 best restaurant website builders, evaluating them on criteria such as ease of use, customization capabilities, and integration of essential restaurant-specific features like online menus and reservation systems.
10 Best Restaurant Website Builders
Here are some of the best website builders for restaurants.
1. Hostinger Website Builder
Hostinger Website Builder Statistics:
Best for: Users looking for a hassle-free solution to building a scalable restaurant website
Price: Starting at $2.99/month
Hostinger Website Builder is an easy-to-use solution that allows you to create stunning websites within minutes. It offers a variety of pre-built, restaurant-specific templates that are mobile-responsive and customizable.
Our platform offers an intuitive drag-and-drop editor that lets you effortlessly change colors, fonts, images, and layouts to create your unique website. Pre-built templates contain restaurant-specific functionalities such as integrated online ordering system, menu management, and reservation system.
Hostinger further simplifies the creation process with AI tools that can help users easily create site layouts, logos, menu descriptions, and blog posts.
Here are some key AI features that are ideal for restaurant websites:
- AI Builder – leverages cutting-edge machine learning to create a tailored website based on your needs instantly.
- AI Writer – a tool that writes high-quality content for your website.
Now, let’s take a look at the key restaurant template features offered by Hostinger Website Builder:
- Online ordering – our platform allows seamless integration with popular online ordering systems like Uber Eats and DoorDash.
- Menu management – the drag-and-drop interface lets you create and update menus easily.
- Table booking – website templates have a built-in reservation system for restaurants.
The templates and AI features make it the easiest restaurant website builder for beginners and experts alike. Furthermore, affordable plans and transparent renewal rates make Hostinger an ideal restaurant website hosting provider for businesses.
Best for: Users looking for more pre-built restaurant template options
Price: Freemium, with paid plans starting at $10/month
Wix offers over 60 restaurant website templates via a drag-and-drop interface to help you easily create a restaurant website.
To make the building process easier and faster, the platform also features AI website builder Wix ADI. This tool simplifies restaurant website creation by asking users a few questions to redesign a website.
However, selecting a Wix website template requires a lot of thought, as you can’t change the template once your website is launched.
- Customizability – the templates are highly customizable, enabling owners to build the perfect site layout to match their brand image.
- Wix ADI – an AI tool that ensures a quick and straightforward website creation process, complete with text and images.
- Wix AppMarket – an open marketplace that allows users to add advanced features to their websites, such as live chat, online reservations, online ordering, and food delivery.
- Built-in search engine optimization (SEO) and marketing tools – offer guidance to help you rank high on search engines.
- Social media integration – showcase your social profiles on your website, enhancing brand visibility and engagement with your patrons.
While the free Wix plans can take your restaurant online, you will be forced to display ads on your site. Additionally, your free domain will look like example.wixsite.com.
Best for: Users looking for high design flexibility
Price: Starting at $16/month
Squarespace offers 15 modern, clean, restaurant-specific templates that can help you create a restaurant website with beautiful visuals. The builder is also known for its ecommerce features that simplify online store creation.
The platform’s Fluid Engine makes it stand out as one of the easiest-to-use restaurant website builders. When paired with Squarespace’s “What You See Is What You Get” (WYSIWYG) editor, the engine capabilities provide users with a seamless creation experience.
- Fluid Engine – a proprietary Squarespace drag-and-drop editor that allows you to customize restaurant templates effortlessly.
- Image editor – an integrated tool for quick cropping, resizing, and filtering of images before uploading.
- Tock integration – add free online ordering, reservations, and delivery capabilities with Tock booking.
- Squarespace AI – a copywriting feature that can create initial draft content for you to edit and use on your website.
- Marketing and SEO tools – Squarespace provides built-in SEO and marketing tools to ensure a high ranking on search engines.
Squarespace lacks free plans, and its paid options can get expensive in the long run. It charges an additional 3% transaction fee on all orders, except the higher-tier Commerce Basic and Commerce Advanced plans.
Best for: Users looking for advanced eCommerce features for their restaurants
Price: Starting at $29/month
Shopify is primarily known as an ecommerce builder platform. It provides tools and features that facilitate online selling. It is a suitable option for restaurants who are looking for ways to grow their business through the Internet.
Shopify’s App Store offers a diverse selection of add-ons and integrations, enabling you to enhance your restaurant site with features like delivery and pickup management, reservation management, menu organization, and tools for customer support and marketing. .
- eCommerce features – restaurants get the best tools and tips on how to sell food online.
- Secure transactions – trusted for its high-standard security measures, Shopify reassures businesses and customers.
- Inventory management – keep track of stock levels from food items to merchandise with ease.
- Order management – track and edit orders as well as handle refunds and cancellations.
- Tipping – the checkout screen features a virtual tip jar.
- Shopify Partners – browse and hire recommended freelancers and agencies that have experience getting restaurants online.
While Shopify excels at ecommerce, it can be expensive compared to other builders. Additionally, Shopify’s design options are limited. For advanced customization, you will have to hire a Shopify developer, which will add to the total cost.
Best for: Intermediate and advanced users
Price: Freemium, with paid plans starting at $16/month
Webflow stands out in the website builder market for its high level of customization and design flexibility, making it an excellent choice for custom restaurant website development.
The platform has a design-focused website editor that’s great for creating mobile-friendly restaurant websites.
The editor’s visual design tools and CMS capabilities are more robust than typical drag-and-drop builders. This allows owners to create truly special websites without requiring extensive coding knowledge.
- Visual CSS designer – an easy-to-use tool that allows users to visually style their website elements without manually writing CSS.
- Interactions and animations – owners can create custom animations and interactions to improve user experience by making menu browsing or event announcements more engaging.
- eCommerce integration – provides tools to set up online stores that can process merchandise or food ordering directly from the restaurant’s website.
The Webflow template library only has one free template for restaurants, with paid options ranging from $29-120/template.
Best for: Beginners and restaurant owners who want straightforward web-building experience
Price: Freemium, with paid plans starting at $7.80/month
SITE123 is a website builder that uses a stack-based editing interface, helping you create a website without any coding experience.
Its simple approach makes it one of the best website builders for restaurant owners who want to get a basic site up and running quickly.
While the platform only offers six dedicated restaurant templates, you can add pages from other templates to further customize your website. The builder also offers automatic and manual reservations, allowing you to accept online bookings depending on your preference.
- Stack-based editor – easily customize the appearance of your web pages by changing styles, color palettes, and content.
- Responsive design – all templates automatically fit different device screens, ensuring a seamless experience.
- Menu management – offers owners simple tools to add, edit, and delete menu items and update categories, prices, and descriptions with ease.
- Book a table tool – a custom-facing tool that allows patrons to book a table and specify the number of diners.
- Location & opening hours – displays restaurant contact information, location, and operating hours to help customers plan their visit or make a booking.
- Auto/manual confirmation – auto-confirmation is ideal for restaurants with large seating capacities, while the manual option is better for smaller venues.
- Reservation grace period – owners can set a grace period for table bookings to cancel reservations after a set time.
Builders like SITE123 have a cookie-cutter approach to website design, which may not satisfy those looking for advanced customization or unique, complex website designs.
Best for: Users looking to create a content-rich restaurant website
Price: Freemium, with paid plans starting at $4/month
WordPress.com is renowned for its flexibility and content management capabilities, making it the top choice for creating a content-rich restaurant website. It is ideal for owners who want to combine their site with a blog, photo gallery or online menu.
Its extensive theme and plugin library supports diverse website functionalities. However, to access these features you will have to purchase its business or higher tier plans.
- Vast theme library – the platform offers a broad array of themes catering to various aesthetics.
- Plugin ecosystem – an extensive library of plugins allows for greater control and flexibility over the site’s design and functionality.
- Site design service – owners can hire professionals to ensure that the site is created using web design best practices.
- Community support – WordPress boasts of a large community for support, tutorials, and resources.
- Social media integration – feature your social media profiles on the website to build your brand.
While WordPress.com offers a lot of flexibility, it can be overwhelming for users unfamiliar with the content management system. The need for regular updates and potential compatibility issues between plugins may create challenges for some users.
Additionally, a self-hosted WordPress can be more cost-effective and scalable in the long run. It does not limit your ability to access specific features depending on the plan you choose.
Best for: Small restaurants or cafes looking for straightforward website setup
Price: Freemium, with paid plans starting at $10/month
Square-owned Weebly is known for its user-friendly interface and straightforward design tools. It is one of the best website builders for small businesses, making it an ideal choice for restaurants or cafes looking to create a simple restaurant website with limited customization.
Additionally, its acquisition by Square introduces seamless integration with Square’s point-of-sale and payments solutions. Restaurants can leverage these solutions to integrate online payments into their websites.
- Simple interface – user-friendly drag-and-drop tools for effortless website building.
- Square integration – a direct integration with Square’s payment and POS solutions to facilitate online ordering for restaurants.
- Template selection – offers a collection of modern, mobile-responsive templates that can help users create a website easily.
- App center – users can easily add functionalities such as dynamic menus and store locators.
Weebly offers limited customization options compared to more advanced site builders. The platform also offers less integration with third-party services.
Best for: Restaurants looking to increase in-store visits through a website
Price: Starting at $19/month
Duda is a responsive website builder that offers strong local SEO capabilities. It allows users to input structured markup on their website, making it easier to find online and more likely to appear in local search engine results.
This feature makes Duda an ideal website builder for restaurants that want a more unique local presence.
The web host offers restaurant sites a choice of over 40 options for processing online payments, including PayPal, for online sales. Payment systems have automatic tax calculations as well as the ability to add tips to orders.
- Content personalization – allows customization based on user behavior or demographics.
- Widget Builder – create custom widgets without coding, enhancing website functionality.
- Yelp reviews widget – the platform features a built-in widget that helps restaurants display reviews from their Yelp profile directly on their website.
- Dynamic pages – use a single design template to generate multiple pages based on a dataset.
- Multi-location widgets – showcase a list or map of all your restaurant locations on the website.
Duda’s builder can be complicated for solo owners looking to create their own restaurant website. At $19/month Duda is a very expensive option compared to other builders on the list.
Best for: Owners looking for a simple site for direct personal visits
Price: Freemium, with paid plans starting at $9/month
Jimdo is recognized for its affordability, providing users with an accessible and straightforward solution to establishing their restaurant’s online presence.
The platform offers a variety of templates for restaurant owners who don’t like to deal with advanced tools and are satisfied with a basic and functional digital storefront.
- Drag-and-drop editor – allows for quick adjustments and website design without requiring technical expertise.
- Business Listings – helps restaurants build local presence by listing the business on various local directories and platforms.
- rankingCoach – built-in SEO feature that teaches users how to drive traffic to their website.
- Social media integration – seamlessly connects your social profiles directly to the website.
While Jimdo excels in simplicity, users looking for more restaurant-focused features may find the platform limited.
What to Look for in a Restaurant Website Builder
To select the best website builder for restaurants, consider industry-specific requirements. This is important to ensure that potential customers receive relevant and engaging information quickly.
Look for a platform that offers a wide range of restaurant-specific templates. It is important that these templates are customizable for your convenience.
Easily customizable restaurant website designs allow you to add your unique branding, feel, and theme to the final product.
Menu Display Options
Your restaurant menu is the centerpiece of your digital presence. Choose builders that have special features for menus that support clear display of dishes, their respective prices, and detailed descriptions.
Online Reservation and Ordering Integration
Convenience is important for customers. The best restaurant website builders should integrate seamlessly with online reservation systems, making booking simple. Additionally, incorporating an online ordering system can increase outreach and increase revenue.
Strong SEO tools are important for improving your site’s search engine rankings, making it easier for potential patrons to find you. Choose a platform with strong SEO capabilities or one that supports external SEO integration.
Ease of Use
It is important to choose a website builder that is easy to use. As a restaurant owner, you will want to spend more time on your business than on technical issues.
Go for builders with intuitive, easy-to-navigate dashboards and drag-and-drop features. These features make website creation and updates effortless and quick.
Choosing a website builder for a restaurant involves careful consideration of various factors. Each platform offers a different set of features, and the best choice ultimately depends on individual needs and preferences.
When looking for the best restaurant website builder, it is essential to consider ease of use, design adaptability, specific tools beneficial to restaurants, mobile optimization, and SEO capabilities. Additionally, it is important to ensure that the builder’s price suits your budget.
Here are the best website builder options we recommend based on our analysis:
- Hostinger Website Builder – best, hassle-free solution for users looking to build and scale their restaurant website from one place.
- Squarespace – good for users seeking an easy-to-use interface with elegant designs.
- Wix – great for users wanting a free plan and vast template options.
- Shopify – ideal for restaurants looking to complement their restaurant business through an online store.
We hope this guide helps you make an informed decision. If you have more questions or know of other user-friendly restaurant website builders that could make the list, please comment below.
Restaurant Website Builder FAQ
Let’s answer some frequently asked questions about website builders for restaurants.
What Is a Restaurant Website Builder?
Website builders are software tools that help you create a website for your business without coding or design skills. They often include special features such as online menus, location maps, reservations and online ordering systems.
Can I Use a Website Builder to Create an Online Menu for My Restaurant?
Yes, most website builders offer restaurant menu integration to create and customize menus online. It allows you to seamlessly showcase your dishes, pricing and special offers, making it easy for customers to browse and choose.
How Can I Make My Restaurant’s Website Mobile-Friendly?
The top website builders include responsive design features that automatically adapt your site to different screen sizes. Choose a platform with a mobile-friendly restaurant template to make your site accessible on mobile devices.